Date(s) - 13/10/2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Grampian Kart Club
The final round of the 2019 Boyndie Drome Open Challenge which caters for both owner drivers and our ever popular Sodi RX250 hire karts – fastest hire karts in Scotland.
OWNER DRIVERS PLEASE SEND YOUR ENTRIES IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING TO AID SIGNING ON. Entries after 2300hrs on the Wednesday before the meeting will be grided at the back of the grid. This is to aid set-up prior to the meeting so we can start on time.
Hire karts cost £70 inclusive of all required equipment to compete. You will get a 3 lap practice, 3×8 lap heats and 1×10 lap final. In the event of rain races maybe run to equivalent time rather than laps. By competing in a round you will collect points towards the BDOC championship, best 5 rounds of 7 count.
GKC members £40
(non-members) additional £10 day membership.
Saturday practice is free for members, non-members will require day membership at £20.
Electric hook-up is available at £10 per day – see Gary Warren.
FREE to spectate – racing starts around 10:30am on Sunday running till around 3:30-4pm with an hours lunch.
– Best 5 rounds of 7 to count
– Dry tyre limit for all classes (see rules on web page below)
– Rotax Clubman is only open to novices – if a driver elects to run in it, they may do so for 1 season
– D5 will be used for snr max (as with any tyre change we will allow D2 to be used also)
– Transponders will be trialed for owner drivers only, please take your own if you have one. Otherwise there will be a hire charge of £10.
The club will be trialing cheaper tyres throughout the year in a view to finding a more affordable tyre for the open challenge in 2020. Open challenge racing is about being inclusive to all and with a range of cheaper tyres on the market it makes sense to explore this.
Full information and rules here – http://www.grampiankartclub.com/racing/open-challenge/